Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Little Bunny Foo Foo

Tom Arma's Bunny
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI've been desperate to find a way to curb my daughter saying curse words. Actually, it's only one curse word. Even though I do not say it anymore, she has been saying it to get a reaction from me. And she has been getting quite a reaction. It completely upsets me. Then I found this excellent article on this topic last night that recommended hiding the emotion in my voice when I punish her. (No yelling or crying on my part) I need to be more matter of fact. Also, it recommended using another word to replace the bad word, but choosing a word with a similar sound. This inspired me to try something goofy today.

Whenever she said the terrible word, I would repeatedly and calmly tell her to say "phooey" instead. Then I told her that every time that she said "phooey" instead of F@#*!, it would make Mommy sing this "terrible song" about the bunny. I played it up by saying "Oh no! I have to sing that awful song AGAIN!" This was just hilarious to her, so I've been singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo" over and over today. I've also had to make her sit in time out which she hates, so that has helped too. Now all I have to do is get Mark to learn the lyrics to "Little Bunny Foo Foo" and we'll have this cursing problem nipped in the bud! :) Maybe he can set the lyrics to a heavy metal tune or something.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI've also been keeping up the cooking healthy dinners. It's a little less stressful since I'm doing it more, but it makes it hard for me to get cleaning or washing dishes finished before my work shift starts. These are the dishes that I'm going to try cooking in the days to come:

Lemony chicken stir-fry with snow peas, red bell pepper and garlic searved over rice. (This was tonight's dinner and was very yummy. It was so pretty cooking in the wok.. I should've taken a pic!)

Meatball volcano sandwiches (These are homemade meatballs with cheese in the centers)

Potato Soup (My kids LOVE potato soup & this recipe is so easy. It requires frozen hashbrowns)

Tuna Cakes (These are so yummy. With my version, you mix the tuna with crumbled seeded rye bread, old bay seasoning and eggs. Then you cook them in peanut oil on the stove top. )

Pizza with homemade crust (I've had a pizza baking stone for years, so now I'm finally using it.)

This is really getting fun, but now I'm so tempted to go to a kitchen store and get some new pans and other cool cooking gadgets!

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

I love it! Great idea. I know I should not laugh at MG saying the F word, but its just funny to think of that word coming out of a cute little girl.

Once Mark gets the song down, have him record it and stick a video of himself singing it on Youtube.

Oh, and set me a place for dinner! YUM.

HLiza said...

Brilliant! I did the same thing years ago when my daughter said something I don't like. And the menu seems healthy and workable too! You see..sometimes I just ignore the dishes..