Monday, September 24, 2007

Knitting the Worries Away


Over the weekend, I taught myself how to knit. I stayed up till 3AM one night trying to figure out how to do the "knit stitch" after learning how to "cast on". I figured it out, and I love it. It is the perfect thing for me to keep my fingers busy. I love to make things and this really satisfies that urge to create and it is very relaxing. My first project is a miniature blanket for MG's "babies" which are her toy lizards and stuffed animals. After that, I am going to make a baby blanket for my brother's baby who is expected to arrive in December. I had a rough episode with MG today. It's hard, but we're dealing with it and trying to help her. Sigh. Now I'm going to go watch an episode of Andy Griffith, eat a little pop corn and knit! :)


Remind me to tell you about the soup diet that I'm trying. I'll start it tomorrow.

1 comment:

HLiza said...

Good for you! I'm never good with my fingers except for writing..can't even sew or do crafty things...like flowers. You must have so many exciting things in mind now!