Thursday, May 03, 2007

Can We Keep Them?

I knew this would happen. I've fallen in love with the three cats that we have left....the ones that I was going to take to the shelter if I couldn't find a place for them by now. Lucy was shy, but she has grown so friendly and sweet. Instead of gobbling her food down like the boys, she waits to be petted first. She comes to MG now too. She and Jasper are good friends, so I'd really like for them to get to stay together. Bobo is still outside, but we hope to bring him in this weekend. I need to have him treated for fleas first. Whew-hopefully I can take care of that tomorrow. We're still getting pressure to get rid of the cats, but I wish that we could keep Jasper and Lucy as outdoor cats. So I've been trying to come up with ways to make it safe for them outside and to work out something with our relatives who want to let their dog run loose. So far my brain is too tired to work it all out quickly.

Today I took both kids for their check-ups at the doctor. MG's 3 year check-up and MB's 15 month check-up. I was so embarrassed. MB fought with the doctor, so it was like a wrestling match. Dr. Ashburn said "Whew, I didn't know that he'd fight me so much!" The nurse let me hold MB in my arms for the three lovely shots in the legs. That's the only way that we could do it. MB is usually so jovial and cheerful, but he was one grumpy bubby today. MG did fine. I think that she was a little disappointed because she didn't get a shot. She cracked me up when the doctor asked if she knew her first and last name. She gave her first, middle and last name, but inserted "Mark" in there as an extra middle name.

I have to watch MB every minute. He is a climber. I was in shock when I turned my back for a few seconds and then found him sitting in the middle of the kitchen table. I didn't think that he would be one to climb like a monkey since he's so big and not so nimble. Well, he's strong and he won't give up. He climbs into the front bay window. I've put a bean bag chair up against the bench there to make it easier for him not to fall while he's doing it. Does that make sense? He's going to do it no matter what, so I might as well make it safer. I want to get a family picture made as soon as all the bruises and scrapes disappear from Bubby's face. Everytime something happens, I think "Oh no! We can't get his picture made this week!"

2 comments:

Linda said...

I keep hoping that you can find homes for the cats. It is a very difficult place to be in. Do you really think that the dog would hurt the cats?? Cats are pretty resourceful and fast. I know that your neighbors had cats years ago, but that may have been prior to the current doggy. I am still pulling for you. I only wish that I lived where I could have cats outside, because I would take them.

I am sorry that MB was so upset at the doctors. It is so hard when they have to get shots. Once they know it is coming it gets even worse, I think.

MB seems alot like Sophia. I remember that she climbed out of her crib on to the top of the bookshelf beside her crib. I was so scared that she would be hurt. Sometimes, I wish you could put football padding on them all of the time. Sophia is alway bruised and scraped. She is such a tomboy!

Bar L. said...

:)

Keep them, keep them :)