Thursday, May 24, 2007

Belly Button Chocolate


Today we bought those little Reese's Cups miniatures from the grocery store. MG loves "chocky" as she calls it. I try not to over do it with sweets, so I gave both kids only one each. I turned my back for a minute, and MB had a chocolate explosion all over the place. He had it smeared on his legs, on his shirt, on the car seat straps and all over his face. Who knew that one tiny little chocolate do this? I got him all cleaned up...or so I thought. When I was changing his diaper later, I found a big gob of melted chocolate in his belly button. Wonder how it got there!
We've all been better after those horrible colds. I thought that it would never end! We got out to the park today and had so much fun. MG was so happy that she made up a song that she was singing at the top of her lungs while she was swinging. Then MB jibber-jabbered along with her, so he was trying to sing too. It was so funny! The song went like this "Up in the air and over the ocean!" and then she would sing little phrases about the playground. It was very cute.

While we continue to have problems getting MG to poop in the potty, MB has been trying to use the potty on his own. Just today he yelled out "Poop!" and then he ran over and sat on the potty. Only, I didn't realize that he really was ready to do that, so he went in his diaper while sitting there on the potty. But it's so interesting that he has the concept figured out. Now why are we having such a problem with potty training our 3 year old, but our 1 year old is ready to go!

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Potty training....ah those were the days. Can you imagine life without diapers or Pull-Ups? You will love all the time, energy and MONEY you save!

Too funny about the chocolate belly button.

When my son was little I named his belly button "Billy Fuzz Button".
I don't know why I told you that!

Linda said...

It is amazing what can end up in a belly button. Remember the sharpy incident that I had in February. Sophia payed special attention to her belly button area!!! FUNNY KIDS!