Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two of Those Days

MG bit MB yesterday... on the face near the eye. She bit him so hard that it bled. I was there when it happened. She did it because little brother was trying to get a DVD case that she was holding. I was just so horrified and shocked and a bit hysterical. It's not her normal behavior, fortunately.

Today I realized that I strained my back when I grabbed MG away from MB and slung her over my shoulder to carry her to her room since she wouldn't go by herself. And I have a fever with a migraine headache too! Oh brother! Is it possible that I've made myself sick from worrying? We went out to do a few things today and around dinner time, both kids pitched huge temper tantrums and wouldn't eat! It was just awful. I'm ashamed to say that I lost it and had a tantrum too. MG got quiet and just looked at me with her mouth wide open and said "Mommy, I don't like that face!" I guess that I looked pretty ugly to her crying and fussing. One of those days. No, two of those days.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am sorry that you are worrying so much. Things happen. You need to do something nice for yourself!!!

ChristyTN said...

Thanks, Linda. I feel so much better today. I think that I really was sick & felt just horrible. Hopefully my immune system will get used to all these germs. I feel like I get sick every other week! I was very worried about MG biting, but I also think that she was sick with a fever too. She kept wanting to cover up with blankets.

Bar L. said...

Oh wow! I am so very sorry you had to deal with all this! Glad you are feeling better today. My nephew just got out of a biting stage, I hope MG doesn't make a habit of it. Parenting ain't easy, but it does get easier :)

Keep up the great job of being a good mom.