Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring? Not!

Yesterday I saw a cardinal, a robin and a finch all together in the grass looking for food. I kept seeing and hearing Canadian geese flying overhead towards my in-laws' pond. The daffodils were peeking out of the ground. The air was warm, so we opened the windows. I knew in my heart that Spring had sprung. I even saw a spider spinning his web outside our window.

Did I forget for a day that I live in Maryland? Mr. Smartypants (ever the voice of reason) reminded me that we could still get a cold blast of Winter weather. Well, he was right!! We're supposed to get snow tomorrow. Every weather station says something different, but it's possible that we could get a few inches of snow. Yeah... in mid-march. It's cold again too...brrrr.

I have to tell you that yesterday I was so sick. It was strange because I haven't barfed since being pregnant. Yesterday morning I woke up with the worst headache that I've ever had. I threw up and was dizzy and didn't know how in the world I was going to keep up with my two kids all day. Fortunately, MM was able to come home early to relieve me. I had the kids for about three hours while I was sick. That was difficult enough. They were so full of energy, and all I wanted to do was go to bed and put a cold rag on my head. I missed work last night. It really was a 24 hour virus . I think that MB has had a touch of it too. Today I felt 100% better...thank goodness.

Speaking of MB, I hear him fussing in his sleep. He's probably going to wake up for his midnight snack in a few minutes. Gee, I can't get used to the daylight savings time change, so I'm staying up way too late. Tomorrow is my long work day...bah!

No comments: