Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Need a Vacation!

Since today has been very trying and very stressful, I am attempting to view my cup as half full to be more positive. I tend to be a little negative and a cup half empty person with depressive thoughts, so I really am trying to change this negative part of myself. Despite lack of sleep last night and grumpy kids today, I captured two beautiful pictures of my kids this morning. They are cuties with sweet smiles. I don't have time to post them right now, but will try to do that soon. My daughter's birthday is coming soon, so I will save the pictures for that special day. :) Take care.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

I tend to be a half empty sort too but as I get older it's easier to have it half full. Hope you get some well deserved rest to re-charge a bit!

G. Shaun Jackson said...

Perhaps your cup is neither half full nor half empty! Maybe it is too big! Often I find my glass is too big and I when I try to fill it there is just too much for me to do. So I make my glass smaller. I ask myself "What things are really important right now, and what things only seem important and can be let go?" I usually close my eyes, clear my thoughts, and just breathe. When I open my eyes things are much clearer. This little exercise only takes about 1 minute, but it makes a huge difference!

Linda said...

I am with you. My cup is the half empty variety also. I think we have a tendency to look at the whole picture rather than just a piece at a time and this becomes overwhelming. I think that this is why my house, car and etc ar such a mess. It is like making mountains out of mole hills.