Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Piles of Mud

I haven't had time to post or read blogs for five days. It's really been a rough five days with the kids. I guess they both have a lot of pent up energy. We've had to stay inside a lot due to the Winter weather and Mark's car being out of commission for a few days. I have high hopes for today. I see the sun and it's supposed to be warm. We shall go outside and play in the mud.

Little Miss Independent has been especially difficult. She pitches a fit if you forget to let her do every little thing by herself. Her favorite phrase is "DO IT MYSELF!" while screaming and kicking. She's also been mean to her little brother, so I really haven't been able to hardly take my eyes off of her over this. Don't get me wrong....she's really sweet to him most of the time. But when you least expect it, she'll shove him or tackle him. We have to explain over and over and over again about why this is unacceptable. I get so upset at her. I've really had to watch what I say and that is hard.

So I've been quite depressed about this situation. I know that it's probably nothing unusual and that this is just part of being a parent. I think that suddenly Metal Girl is very active and being inside too much is not a good thing for her. She acts so much better when we go out. Today will be better, I'm sure. Most of the snow has melted away to leave piles of mud to play in.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Oh good, piles of mud will help. Seriously.

I'm sorry your feeling down. Yeah, it sounds pretty normal, but that doesn't make it any easier! I hope things get a bit smoother over there.

In the meantime....vent on your blog! it's great therapy.

Hug to you,
Barbara

ChristyTN said...

Thanks Barbara :)

We got out today, and it sure made a difference. I felt so much better. Exercise definitely helps my mood. Metal Girl fell in the mud and had a good old time. It was extremely muddy, too. Metal boy walked outside by himself for the first time. He was very proud of himself. We've had a couple extra weeks of winter weather here. I'm ready for Spring!