Monday, November 27, 2006

I Should Be Sleeping

Well, today was like being in the middle of a tornado. I went to help out at MG's preschool today. We got off to a hint of a bad start when MG didn't want Mommy to take her to school. I guess the change of routine wasn't a good thing for her. She wanted Daddy. Things seemed ok except that she kept telling me that she was sleepy on the way over. She did great during story time until a little boy decided to tickle her during group time. Then she kept leaving the group to "visit" with me. She proceeded to have a tantrum, pull toys off shelves with a bang, hit me on the head with her fist (something she never does), and yell "NO! NO! NO!" at me in front of everyone. Then she calmed down, but I was so embarrassed. I'm sure my face turned several shades of red. Things didn't get much better after we got home. She wouldn't take a nap and she bit me, drawing blood!! Whew....it was as bad as it gets. She hadn't been to school for two weeks due to illness and then the holiday, so I suppose the change in routine wreaked havoc. She also wasn't feeling too good after eating too much chocolate. I can think of all kinds of reasons for her brattiness. Anyway, I sure hope she's feeling better tomorrow. She even put herself in timeout because she knew she was being bad.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sheesh talk about a bad day!
It's amazing how a change in routine could change their mood so drasticly!

ChristyTN said...

Whew! Today was better, but I think that MG is hitting a growth spurt. She's been extra tired, extra hungry, extra grumpy. Today she took a nap at 11am...unusual since she never takes one till 2pm if then! I guess she needs her beauty sleep.

Bar L. said...

I tagged you on my blog:

barbara007.typepad.com

:)