Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Snow

One Thanksgiving that I remember from the 1970s was a snowy one. I was very young...probably 3 or 4 years old. We always went to my maternal grandparents' house for lunch, but this year was different. Since we had an early snow, my family decided to go to my great-grandmother's house instead since it was centrally located and easier for everyone to get there. I remember stepping into the snow and onto the porch or Mamaw's tiny little white bungalow. I'm sure that it was difficult to cram everyone into that tiny house, but we had so much fun. Some of my cousins that we normally didn't share Thanksgiving with were there. I remember the warmth and laughter of family being together on a cold snowy day.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

That sounds like a great time! I hope you and MM are able to create family memories similar to that for MB & MG !

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

That's a very ideal Rockwellian kind of way to spend the holiday! It's funny, because over here, our family are spread out between two counties that if it snows, we panic about everyone getting together!