Sunday, November 26, 2006

Crazy Moments

Unfortunately, I tend to get blue during the holidays. It must be bad habit. It really is better with kids because I get to do extra fun things for them. When I was young, my mom had severe depression...especially during holidays. It really had an effect on everyone around her... especially me and my brothers. Now holidays are happier for me. I love doing special things and making traditions with my family, but I start getting a little blue anyway. It really must be habit. I got so used to feeling this way for years and years.

Tomorrow I'm the parent helper for my daughter's preschool class. This is a big event for me! I'm taking off from work to do it. Mark has been taking MG since I work on Monday mornings, so I'm excited to spend time with MG and her friends. I'm actually a little nervous about it too, which is very silly. I can't remember all her classmates names!

Speaking of work, I've felt so burnt out with it. This is really terrible because it really isn't a bad job at all. By the time my work shift rolls around, I just feel very drained emotionally. It's hard to care enough about my work for some reason. Maybe I'm still trying to balance my job as a Mommy with my part time "real" job.

Well, I think it helps to write about things to sort out my feelings! Usually I feel so much more positive about everything after actually getting some sleep. MB is cutting another tooth, and I should've learned by now that he really needs medicine. He got me up every two hours for the last three nights. I gave him the children's motrin tonight, so I think it will be better. His gums bleed with these top teething coming in! Poor little guy. It seems to bother him (and me!) most at night.

Ok! I'm done sounding off! Thanks for reading my "crazy moments" post!

1 comment:

Linda said...

We're in the same boat. This year I will be too busy to be mopey. Any time you feel bad, give me a call!