Sunday, November 12, 2006

Today Got Better

What an awful last few days. I'm still learning when it comes to taking care of sick kids. MG had the stomach virus so bad. I've never seen anything like it. I thought that it was getting better yesterday, but it got a whole lot worse during the night and this morning. I was feeling a little panicky. I called the doctor today and was told that basically she shouldn't be eating anything but plain noodles and dry bread and drinking water and pedialite. Yum. We had been trying apple juice and water and mild foods, but some of those things were making the diarrhea worse! After eating noodles and cereal, she seems to be doing better tonight. Mark had it almost as bad as MG, but he is finally getting better too. He said that it's one of the worst sicknesses he's ever had! I think that MB has a touch of it. I've had to feed him plain rice cereal with water and mommy's milk since he's a little queasy. I had a touch of it too. Whew..taking care of MG took a lot out of me. We changed so many diapers and it was so gross that we had to put the diaper pail in the basement. What an experience. She has actually lost some weight and her legs look so thin.

I have to confess that I went on a little shopping spree because of the stress. I did a little Christmas shopping. I didn't go overboard, but it made me feel so much better. I felt a little helpless with making MG feel better after trying so many things, so it made me feel good to buy some things for her for Christmas. I did go ahead and give her a "fishing" game to give her something fun to do while being confined. She loves it. It was also nice to get out of the "sick" house for a little while. Hopefully this week everyone will be feeling normal again!

No comments: