Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Family Kicked Off Flight for BF

I just read this story about a woman who was kicked off a flight (along with her family) for breastfeeding her 22 month old daughter in public. Apparently, the flight attendant felt offended by it and asked her to cover up with a blanket. She refused, and the flight attendant had the family kicked off the flight. You can read the story and see a picture of the mommy and baby here. http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061114/NEWS/61114002

I think this is pretty pathetic of the flight attendant. What an idiot. Also, I don't blame the mother for refusing the blanket. I'd like to see a 22 month old who would be content to have her head covered up with a blanket while nursing! My two never liked being covered up. Also, it's supposed to soothe a young child go be breastfed for the flight! She was keeping her child happy and calm...something I'm sure the other passengers would appreciate! Can yo believe this?!

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

UGH! This is pathetic. I did a post on a similar topic a while ago...I'll look for it and send you the link.

I agree with you one hundred percent!

Bar L. said...

Ok, found the link on my blog:

http://www.typepad.com/t/app/weblog/post?__mode=edit_entry&id=12037351&blog_id=364529

hopefully that will work. It had me FUMING MAD! And most of my commenter's agreed.

A woman breastfeeding her child is unacceptable in our society but its find for women to dress like Pamela Anderson and let their boobs hang out for all to see.

Metal Mark said...

I don't understand the problem some people have with breastfeeding. It's a perfectly natural function. If you don't want to see it then look away. No one is forcing someone to watch.