Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cussing Problems

I really do need to adjust my language. MG repeats everything that we say. I'm still trying to replace curse words with "Shucks!" especially if the other "sh" word starts to come out. If something wrong does slip out and it gets repeated, I tell MG that Mommy shouldn't say things like that. I told her that a few days ago, and she nodded her head and said "Shucks, Mommy". I don't know why it's become so easy to slip into the bad habbit of cussing. Got to find other ways to work out stress!!! :) I think that the hardest place to stop cussing is in the car when encountering people driving dangerously. It's so easy to scream out the horrible "Sh%# Far!" when someone does something dangerous that almost causes a wreck. That's southern cuss for "Poop Fire!" I feel really bad about this.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I swear up a storm all the time too. My daughter is just over a year and I'm going to have to stop.

Jenn said...

ha - my husband just said exactly what I was just about to say. Mike and I only have a little while before we are having this same issue.....it's so hard.