Friday, December 01, 2006

Tagged by Two!

I was tagged a few days ago by Linda and have been waiting around to post because I don't know how to tag people. I've also been tagged by Barbara. They're both really fun Christmas themed topics, so I'm going to go ahead and post. Later, I'll get MM to show me how to tag people and then I'll do that tomorrow. Or....pretend that I tagged you and let me know if you put it on your blog! :)

Tagged by Barbara...
Top 5 Christmas Songs-
1. Jingle Bells
2. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
3. Away in a Manger
4. Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
5. Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon

Tagged by Linda...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Presents from Santa are wrapped, but not so when I was a kid.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have colored lights on our tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I think it would be a fun tradition.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We usually put them up right after Thanksgiving. This year we actually put some Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving. I've gotten extra excited about it this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I really love cornbread dressing if we have turkey on Christmas. This year we're having ham, so I can't think of a way to work in my dressing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We used to go to my maternal grandparents' house on Christmas eve. It was so much fun. We'd stay there till very late at night and then arrive back home to discover that Santa had visited a little early.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was in third grade. I remember knowing for a while, but didn't want to admit it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I think that we sometimes do. I can't remember if we did last year though.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Our tree has some of MM's ornament's from when he was a kid...like a homemade angel from his grandmother. There are a few homemade ones and other fun things for the kids. We collect Snoopy ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I really do love the snow, but I'm so inexperienced with driving in it. I try to stay off the roads.

12. Can you ice skate? I have gone ice skating once and fell so many times! I love to watch ice skating on TV.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think that my favorite gift was a special doll from my grandmother when I was a little girl. I think her name was Dancerella or something. She was brunette (like me) and could dance on her toes and twirl when you turned a pink tiara on her head.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family and enjoying our children.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love Christmas cookies, but my Mom always makes cheesecake with cherry topping. That's my favorite!

16. What tops your tree? A Red Velvet Bow.

17. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. It's so much fun to surprise the people I love.

18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I've always loved "Jingle Bells" and "Away in a Manger".

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Yum.

20. What do you serve for Christmas dinner? We usually have dinner at Mark's parents' house, and it's either ham or turkey with sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, corn bread dressing, gravy.

No comments: