Monday, September 25, 2006

Road Trip?

A couple of nights ago, we went out to the store. MB doesn't like the dark, so he was crying all the way home. MG decided that it would be funny if she also added ear-piercing screaming into the mix. This made MB even more upset, so it was one crazy ride home. This is one example of why we choose not to make the trip to visit my family in Tennessee right now.

I've been actually feeling sad about not visiting. My mother and brothers all want us to visit and have no understanding that this would be difficult. They've really been giving me a guilt trip. My brother tonight "Mom really needs you to come. All she talks about is those kids." It's not just feeling that the kids aren't ready. It would be a rushed trip because I used up so much time for maternity leave. We choose to take several small vacations nearby to conserve leave time. Well, sitting around worrying is no way to spend my precious free time is it?! Sigh. This is really the major thing that's bothering me.

MG is doing well in preschool. It's helping me to be able to attend it with her, too. She's improved with helping clean up her toys at home now that she has to do it at preschool. I think it's really going to help her be ready for kindergarten so that it won't be such a shock to her. Especially since we'll have all day kindergarten by that time. It's helped her socially too. Usually when I take her to my work, she looks down at her feet when my supervisor tries to talk to her. Well, not anymore!!! When she walked into the office, she said "Hi Mr. Gregor!" right to my supervisor. He was so surprised. It's so wonderful to see her growing in this way.

I got to hold a friend's little 9 month old girl today. She feels like a little feather compared to MB. My friend hasn't got to hold MB yet, but I can't wait to see the look on her face when she gives it a try. I swear MB feels twice as heavy. I'm getting something called a hip hammock to lug him around in. I do love love love his adorable chubbiness, but my poor back is having some problems with it. He has been sick for a couple of days, so I've really been holding him and rocking him a lot more. I have a carrier that just puts too much pressure on my back... it's just not made for a big baby.

Well, despite getting worried about things sometimes, I'm overall very happy. I'm much happier since having kids. It's just so much fun raising kids. They're both so sweet and funny...just like their daddy.

2 comments:

ChristyTN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

ugh, those car trips where one screaming feeds the other's. those are the worst.