Thursday, September 07, 2006

Kind Kids

I talked to my brother on the phone tonight to find out how Randall is doing. He's going to be in the hospital till at least next Wednesday depending how a surgery goes. He has been getting lots of "well wishes" from other little kids, and I wanted to share two of them with you that are really sweet.

One little girl from his school broke into her piggy bank and insisted that her parents give all the contents to Randall. Another little boy who has several pet turtles called to say that he wants to give them all to Randall just as soon as he gets to feeling better. Isn't it neat that these kids want to "give it all" away to help a little boy feel better?

3 comments:

Mike said...

There are times when kids can't help but make you smile. This is definately one of those times.

Metal Mark said...

I agree with Mike. I really like the kid who wanted to give his turtles away.

Linda said...

Kids have not learned to be cynical and they give from the heart. I have always thought that you are not truly loved until you are loved by a child (because their love in unconditional). I am glad that Randall has such wonderful and caring friends. My thoughts continue to be with him.