Monday, September 18, 2006

Preschool 2nd Day & Update on Randall

The second day of preschool went fine except that MG was a little sleepy this morning. She's not used to getting up and doing things that early in the morning. I need to work on getting her to bed earlier. She didn't want to stop playing with the toys when it was time to listen to her teacher's lesson and storytime and was the only kid standing over next to the toys looking at her feet. The assistant teacher was really good about talking her into joining the other kids. She tricked MG into thinking that she made the decision herself to join the group. She told MG that she could not play with toys, but she could stand there if she wanted to. But she wouldn't be able to hear the teacher or see the wonderful things she had brought to share with her. She finally went over and sat down with everyone else and did fine the rest of the class. I was a little embarrassed, but feel that this is all part of learning to listen to teachers and follow directions. I'm sure she'll do better as we move along.

Poor MB has a cold and a tooth coming through his gums. He's not a happy bobo right now. He has thrown up solids twice and formula once today, but is keeping down mommy's milk. I guess that must be the gentlest thing on his tummy, so I'm glad that I'm still doing that. Poor little guy. That reminds me, I held a little girl today who is 9 months old. She felt like a little feather compared to MB. When I hold or see other kids under a year old, I realize just how big he is. All kids are different and are adorable thin chunky or in-between!

I talked to my brother and found out that, Randall, (the little boy who was accidentally shot by a neighbor in TN) got to go home from the hospital last Wednesday. He is in quite a bit of pain as he heals, but he has had so many visitors and well-wishers. That has kept his spirits up. He has several critters to take care of too. He has an aquarium full of fish and two turtles to take care of. My mother went to see him and said that he is using his right arm (the one that had the mildest injury) and was feeding his turtles. His left arm is having to be reconstructed. It's very interesting. They have put part of his abdominal muscle into his arm and have actually sewn his arm to his abdomen during this process. I think he has to have it like that for a few more weeks. He's not to happy about not getting to wear clothes. He is in great spirits, though.

I'd better go. My rare hour of free time is about up. Both kids are napping, but I really had better wake MG up so that she'll go to sleep at a normal hour tonight! Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

IF that's the worst thing goin on with MG at the preschool, that's pretty darn good!

Good news about Randall, but so weird.

Mike said...

Great news on Randall. I'm happy he's in such good spirits.