Friday, September 15, 2006

First Day at Preschool

MG loved her first day at preschool. This was really a day to decide if we want to enroll her. It went really well. MG has been showing just a little shyness, but they were able to get her to participate in the activities. She was very excited about it. All the way there, she kept saying "Goin to school!" I think it will really help her.

I think that having the mothers stay at first is a good idea to help the kids make the transition. I really underestimated my supervisor. I was able to work it out just fine to take some time off to go with MG to preschool. We did experience a very small tantrum at the end because MG wanted to do her own thing, but I think it will get better as she gets more used to the routine.

Now I'm extremely tired because MB got me up twice last night. I may have to give him a little infant tynol for those teeth...poor pudgkins. He was very good for Daddy while I was away. Metal Mark is getting some father/son time which is really nice. It's also nice for MG to get some special time with me and time doing something without little bro tagging along. I think it will be really good for us all.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sophia's school had an ice cream social with the parents and then had an orientation with the parents. These were both nice and gentle ways to introduce the atmosphere to Sophia. She was so excited.

She had a really good day the first day that we left her, but to quote one of her teachers, she got a bit excited (hyper) at the end. Hopefully, this will improve.

I am glad that MG is going to preschool. These days it is almost necessary for a child to go, because they expect you to know so much when you start kindergarten.

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Awwwwwww....

You know, I laughed so hard at the title "Wishy Washy Wonderland" and even harder when it was you, C! Absolutely brilliant!