Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Waking Up, Upside Down!

I'm still recovering from the holidays and trying to catch up on sleep. I'm not a pretty sight without my sleep! Ever since the kids got sick, they started getting up several times during the night. For some reason, MG has been extra clingy and still getting up in the night even though she is no longer sick. Then MB gets up in the wee morning hours to climb into my bed. There's not enough room, so I have been going out to the couch for a few hours and letting him have my spot. Last night I was just TOO TIRED to go to the couch. I woke up, upside down! I had climbed into the wrong end of the bed, so I was sleeping with my face next to someone's big size 13 feet! Yep, I was oh so tired.

I know that alot of people get sad during the holidays. I do too. I know why, too. It's just a time when I think about the people who I love and miss who have died in my family. I am glad to have good memories of those special people at Christmas, but it hurts to miss them and regret that they didn't get to live longer lives. I have a real difficult time to this day still feeling like my dad was taken away when he was too young, when my mom was too young and especially when my brothers and I were too young. I miss him. I especially remember that he LOVED Christmas and made a big deal out of it.

Having kids to surprise at Christmas has made it a happier time for me. Thinking about these things has made me start thinking about church again. I haven't had to worry about the church issue for a while because I obviously can't take the kids when they're sick. I want to give church a try soon. Experiencing it is the best way to decide if it's for us. And I want to kind of do it in secret...not make a big deal out of it.

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for reading my blog! :)

No comments: