Thursday, December 27, 2007

De-stressing

PhotobucketAs I've said before, I'm one to let the stress build up till I explode. I really felt like exploding today, so I'm working on de-stressing while Mark has the kids out to the store this evening. It's quiet and I'm listening to music. I love guitar music, so I'm listening to something I checked out from the library. "The Ultimate Most Relaxing Guitar Music in the Universe" is the title. I like it so far. I really started loving guitar music when I found a guitar lullabies cd for MG when she was a baby. It was so pretty and relaxing.

PhotobucketI'm also reading my all time favorite children's fantasy book. This is the book that first got me interested in reading. My fourth grade teacher read it to us... one chapter per day. It was so exciting that the entire class was hanging on every word and we would beg Mrs. Doig to go on and read another chapter. I've been reading this book by Christmas-tree light at night. It's pretty miraculous that I actually have the book in my hands. A couple of years ago I kept thinking about this book but had no idea what the title was. I posted a question about it on a librarian's list serv and someone out their in cyberspace recalled the title. It was out-of-print, so it was difficult to locate a copy. I finally found one on e-bay, plus I found out that there was a sequel, so I have both books! Have you ever heard of it?

2 comments:

Linda said...

I actually destress by watching some TV after the kids have gone to bed. I know TV is not always good, but I sort of mindlessly watch it. I also like to take a hot bath when time allows.

I have never heard of that book. I will have to check it out some time.

HLiza said...

So glad that you're doing something to curb that stress. I have to find that book too..sounds like something nice for the kids. And gotta find out how guitar music sounds now..