Thursday, December 20, 2007

Smells Like Christmas

I've been remembering some of my early childhood Christmases. My favorite memories are of my Dad going to find us a Christmas tree. He would go to my great grandmother's farm to choose a cedar tree. We were excited and kept looking out the window for his return. Then, once the tree was inside, it's wonderful spicy scent would permeate the house. I especially remember the smell of the cedar tree as it was warmed up by the old fashioned Christmas lights. It smelled so wonderful and is something that I will never forget. Whenever I smell cedar, it smells like Christmas to me.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

What a great memory!!!! I've been thinking of you. I am not blogging on my regular blog for awhile...but I am here:

http://barbara007.typepad.com/prodigal_daughter2/

ChristyTN said...

Thanks, Barbara. :)