Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Follow That Star

I feel really drained after taking care of sick kids for the past week. I've had lots of help from Mark, but it still left me feeling tired and a little down. I am happy to say that MG is much, much better and MB is beginning to get a little better. MG was so much better that she ate alot for her Christmas dinner last evening. Both kids had stomach viruses and colds with MG's cold turning into bronchitis. Yuck is an understatement. I had a touch of the stomach virus too, but it lasted only one day thank goodness.

Now I need to be a little selfish and have some "me" time. I really do. When I saw that beautiful star in the sky on Christmas morning, I had the urge to jump in the car and go follow it. I know that's silly, but I wonder what I would have found. It looked so close by. :) I think that I'll get Mark to watch the kids on Sunday or Monday while I go get my hair and nails done or something. Maybe that would make me feel better and a little less crazy.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Me time is so important! You definitely need to do it!

Bar L. said...

There is nothing selfish or silly about either of those things. You NEED some me time, we all do but I think it applies even more to moms with little ones! I hope you get some soon.

ChristyTN said...

Yep..I think that I need it too. The kids were better today because they were both determined to be stinkers. Now that I'm wore out, they are full of fresh energy. I need to re-energize somehow. :)