Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thank Goodness for Butt Paste!

I'm finally getting time to post. My MG has had this awful stomach virus that has left her poor little bottom so sore that she wailed in pain most of the day. It was just horrible. I couldn't go out with the kids all day since she was too sick to go out, so MM went out after work and got Butt Paste. I ran out of diaper rash cream a long time ago and never had to use it much to begin with. I was so frazzled early today trying to search through stuff hoping to find some hidden away somewhere, but I could only find the baby powder. This only provided temporary relief. Well, the Butt Paste is great...it immediately did the trick and MG is finally sleeping. Whew...what an awful day. I know that kids get sick, but we have been sick practically every two weeks since Fall. This comes after having a terribly stressful day at work yesterday. Do you ever just want to go out in an open field somewhere where hopefully no one can hear and just scream? I guess I need to do something like that because I just hold everything in. Ah well, this is just part of life and being a mother. Everybody tells me that when Kindergarten rolls around, the kids will have their immunities built up and won't get sick as often since they've been exposed to it in preschool. I hope that it's true!!

I'm having a Southern identity crisis. I know this sounds silly, but I have always seen myself as a Tennessee girl from the South. When I went South to visit, it was not a pleasant experience. It just wasn't, and I'm not entirely sure why. Part of it was my depression. It was so unpleasant that I haven't even wanted to think about it and haven't written on my Southern blog in a LOOOOOOOOONG time. Sometimes I feel that I never want to go back. Maybe that will change.

Sorry my post is all over the place. I can't write about the thing that's been bothering me the most. (has do do with work) That I have to pray about. I am reading a really great book right now... Wide Open Spaces: Beyond Paint-by-Number Christianity by Jim Palmer. Barbara had talked about it on her blog, so I placed a hold on it at my library. I just started reading it and really like it so far. I have been struggling with the issue of going to church and how I feel about my beliefs. This book seems to deal with these issues or things related, so I really am excited about reading it.

I keep wanting to write, but about nothing in particular... just because this is precious time to myself where I can get out some thoughts. Interruption......Oh well...now I have to tend to someone :) Maybe I'll get some time later.....

5 comments:

Bar L. said...

I've heard that butt paste works really good!

Sorry you have so little time to yourself right now...it does get change. I am sitting here WISHING I had more time with my kid (he's too busy for me now!)

Linda said...

Butt Paste is the bomb!!

You should consider getting your water tested, if there is some bacteria it could be the reason for so many tummy viruses. Just a thought.

G. Shaun Jackson said...

Yeah, Butt paste rules! I even use it when I have chaped hands from working in the cold.

I would also like to second Linda's suggestion. There has got to be some reason for being sick so often.

ChristyTN said...

Thanks for all your comments. I just feel so overwhelmed with the kids getting sick so often. I'm really stressed out.

1234567 said...

We loved Butt Paste so much when we tried it in the States that we're now bringing it to the UK. It's thanks to people like yourself that we found out how great this is, via blogs. Thank you all :)

www.buttpaste.co.uk will be the site, ready soon.

Steve, Isle of Man, UK