Thursday, January 03, 2008

Fast Food

My clothes felt a little loose, so I felt safe to get on the scales. I really avoid this normally, but was pleasantly surprised to have lost about 10 lbs. I haven't exercised, so this is entirely due to changing some things about the way I eat. Instead of having pancakes for breakfast, I've been eating a bowl of cereal or a granola bar. I have almost entirely quit eating out...except for today I splurged because I didn't have time to eat breakfast. I am also eating more salads and raw veggies for snacks. Those are the only things that I can figure have affected my weight. Also, I'm less depressed, so maybe I'm eating less? Now I just need to find time to exercise.

PhotobucketFast Food Fix by Devin Alexander... Mark brought home this wonderful book from the library a few days ago. So far, we have tried the KFC popcorn chicken recipe and it was delicious...better than the real thing. I am so impressed with this book. The author has worked hard to duplicate the taste of many fast food favorites, but has improved upon the recipe by making it healthier. She never fries the foods! They are baked instead. Some of these foods are still high in calories, but they are a good alternative if you are craving the "bad" version of it. :)

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

TEN POUNDS! THAT ROCKS! Without even "going on a diet"! I am so encouraged by that! Good job. I bet you feel better too. Keep it up! I am going to check out that book.