Monday, January 14, 2008

The Church Thing Revisited

I got to thinking about this issue again...especially since a well-meaning family member keeps after us about this. I have decided what to do. I am going to have a "home school" Sunday school class for my kids every Sunday morning. I can do that! I already started last Sunday and it went well. I have this wonderful pre-school bible that really makes each story simple and easy for the kids to understand. I'm also going to read my bible and meditate each night. It really made me feel better last night to do that. Sometimes nights seem to be hard for me. That's when I worry about things. I think that this would be the best thing for us to do right now rather than jumping right into going to church. I want to go, but this might help it to be less of a shock when the kids first start. I also think that it would be good to have this be part of our every day life. I haven't been teaching the kids or telling them enough about God and my beliefs, so I think that this is a good way for us to start. Then, in a few months, who knows? We might feel ready to try church.

I've been a little down lately. I'm thinking that it could be that I'm extra busy and tired. I feel sad when I don't have time to blog. It helps relieve some of that stress to talk about it here, so I'm feeling alot of relief right now. Poor Mark... I think that he wants to blog right now, but he's having a hard time getting MB to sleep. Nice of him to give me a break, though. We each put one of the kids to bed at night. My kid went right to sleep, lucky me! :)

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Blogging is very theraputic for me, I hope you feel better after writing this.

I think the home school idea is excellent!!!

How sweet that you and Mark take turns tucking in a kid!! That's so special.

Linda said...

I can see both sides of this situation, but I do think it is good to get the kids out among other people besides Bob and me. It is not always an easy thing, because they can act up while we are out, but it is a good lesson for them that we sometimes have to behave ourselves.

Good luck.

HLiza said...

Whatever makes you feel good should be right for you..