Thursday, January 10, 2008

Clothesline is Cheap

We've enjoyed the luxury of a clothes dryer for several years now, but our electric bill went up so ridiculously much recently that we're going back to the clothesline. This is not fun to do in the Winter, but we've luckily had a few days of unseasonably warm weather. I'm curious to find out if it will make a difference. We put a "temporary" clothesline outside. It really looks like a Ma and Pa Kettle clothesline attached to a tree and propped up in the middle by a huge branch. It's funny. It works perfectly well, though. When Spring comes we will put up something better. We have also put a clothesline across the entire length of our basement and a drying rack in the bathroom. It's very time consuming. The kids have fun helping me, which is nice. My sidebar drawing very much illustrates our life right now. :)

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Awwww what a cute drawing! I hang a ton of clothes in my bathroom to dry...but what about towels? How do they dry on a line? Doesn't it take forever?

Good luck. I know the dryer is the biggest electricity consumer in most households so you're on the right track for sure!

Linda said...

Our clothesline definitely helps, but I have to admit that I use it less now that it is cold out. I at least try to hang towels and jeans out when I can because they take so long in the dryer.

HLiza said...

We never have clothes dryer here..I think they never sell it here coz it's like selling ice to Eskimos. I love getting the clothes sunkissed and folding the clothes while they are still crisp and warm!