Monday, October 01, 2007

Busy Bee

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThat's what I've been lately. I actually feel more energized from having changed my eating habits. The depression has been a problem, but it really helps when I'm doing something. On Sunday, I vacuumed the house and steam cleaned the carpet. Then I cut up a billion vegetables and prepared my soup for the week. I'm doing the Soup Diet and it really is healthy, and you don't starve yourself! It's so tasty and makes cooking meals so easy during the week! You have the basic vegetable soup that's very filling and then you add different ingredients to it so that you have a different kind of soup for dinner for seven days. The breakfasts and lunches are all filling too. I don't know if I'll lose weight from it because I'm not starving, but I do feel extra energy from eating healthier! This morning I got up early and went walking before Mark left for work and before the kids got up. Then later I cleaned up the house and folded laundry. When I laid down for a bit in the afternoon, I began to feel sad, so I got back up and started preparing dinner for the kids.

This evening I worked on my knitting while watching TV. I can actually do both at the same time now. :) It'll probably take forever to finish the little blanket, but that's not what's important. It's definitely something to keep my hands occupied, and it really relaxes me. I know that it's just a few days since I started making these changes, but I am feeling better. I don't know if it's my change in attitude or just good vibes rubbing off on MG, but she has had better behavior. She was so sweet today. We are still having sleep issues with her, though. Just a little while ago she woke up hungry. She was squirting jelly on bread, but the jelly was so thick that it wouldn't come out easily. She said, "It's constipated!" Well, she understands the meaning of that! She cracks me up.

Well, now I really can't keep my eyes open any longer even though I'm reading an interesting book that I will probably pick up before falling asleep. Having time to read is a challenge. I have recently subscribed to a web site that e-mails me book chapters each day. Somehow, I do find more time to read that way. The only problem is that I love to hold a real in the print book in my hands. Good night & here's the link to the soup diet in case you're interested!

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/amazing-soup-diet-1007

No comments: