Friday, October 12, 2007

Self Image

Our vacation South is coming up very soon. I'm embarrassed that I weigh more than I did the last time my family saw me, & I was pregnant at that time! I'm wondering if there's anything that I can do to improve my image before we leave. Maybe a haircut? I have let my hair grow long and all one length. I ALWAYS wear it up with clips now. Maybe a long-layered update might help, I don't know. Sigh. I need to do something to help me feel better about how I look before I see everybody. Losing 50 pounds in 2 days is not an option. I guess it's likely that no one will notice too much about how I look since they'll be focusing on getting to know the kids.

I got sad about this yesterday when I was forced to weigh myself on scales. I had been avoiding this on purpose. When I took MB to the doctor's office, he went crazy and refused to be weighed. MB remembers getting shots from the nurses. I was asked to hold him and step on the scales and then weigh myself so that I could subtract my weight from the total in order to get his weight. I was not happy to have to do this & the nurse even announced my weight out loud! Ugh!

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Don't ya love it when nurses do that? I bet she was thin.

I understand how you feel. I think a haircut would make you feel better, how about a couple of blonde streaks in the front, its amazing how much "brighter" something like that can make you feel.

I do know one thing - your family is going to ge very happy to see you no matter what.

HLiza said...

Urrgghh..that was sooo tragic..how can she do that? Don't you feel like suing her when she do that?
I always feel like you did coz my siblings had always been very honest when it comes to criticizing each other's body size! Hope you still enjoy the trip..