Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Head Spinning

I always get to this point where I have several problems that I'm working on, and I have all these great ideas for solving the problems, but there are so many things swirling around in my head that it gets overwhelming and confused! And then I get caught up in the confusion, and I don't solve anything. Does that make sense? Sigh! I'm one unorganized person on the inside and outside. I feel like a hamster running round and round in an exercise wheel. Maybe I need to focus on one thing at a time. I'm one to try to let EVERYTHING accumulate and overwhelm myself.

Want to see the list things spinning in my head? Maybe I'll list them and then make a little outline what I should do about it.

1. I feel depressed on and off.
a. Schedule a doctor's appointment
b. Exercise at least 15 minutes each morning, before kids wake up
c. Eat healthy foods

2. Daughter having sleep issues.
a. Get her to bed early. 8:30 PM would be ideal.
b. Make sure that she has a snack beforehand since sometimes she wakes up because she's hungry.

3. Daughter behavior issues.
Ugh...this is the one that's touchy for me right now. This is the difficult one that is probably caused by #1 and 2 above! You know what, this must be true. So I should definitely quit obsessing over the bad behaviors and focus on getting my depression straightened out and MG getting more sleep. Then I think that her behavior will improve. Wow... that's the answer...so simple. :)

I haven't scheduled the doctor's appointment, and that's what I have to do tomorrow. I've been putting it off.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Wow, you did a great job of un-spinning your head!

I feel like I am always giving you advice, I hope it doesn't seem like I am a know-it-all type cause I am so NOT. But, I want to encourage you that what MG is going through is soooooooooooooooooo normal. And what you are going through is too. Hugs to you.

Linda said...

Sophia is a terror. I get depressed about it. Her knew thing is to say "I hate you." She is also biting Nicholas. She bite nobody else, just him. I keep hoping that a solution will fall on our laps, but honestly, I know part of it is just her age.

ChristyTN said...

Thanks so much, Barbara. I do appreciate your advice and encouragement! It really helps me to know that other people understand! Sometimes I worry when it seems like my kid is the only one going screaming and having a kicking crying tantrum in the store. I guess others do it, too, but I don't notice as much for some reason.

Linda, when you tell me about Sophia doing some of the same things that MG does, I think...wow, there must be lots of 3 year olds acting this way. I'm sorry that she's having trouble with biting baby brother. You know, we had the same exact thing with MG! And she also scratched MB's face till it bled. I think that MG would get agitated and would take it out on him. Now she just shoves him. He's quickly catching up with her, though, and he'll be too big for her to push around soon! :) And it's interesting because MG is so good to other kids! It's just her brother that she picks on!

I have to tell you, a couple of years ago a library customer warned me that age 3 is a challenging age. (Her daughter is now 7 years old). She told me that she thought that she had a problem child until she read this book entitled "Your Three Year Old: Friend or Enemy". She said that after reading the book, she felt so much better because the misbehavior is normal and the book explains why they behave in certain ways. We no longer have the book in the library, but I'm thinking of buying a copy. Wish there was an audio version! Here's a link to the book from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Your-Three-Year-Old-Louise-Bates-Ames/dp/0440506492