Friday, August 31, 2007

Searching for Rainbows After the Storm

(Update: I did a little research tonight to find out that lightning appearing in the rainbow was rare indeed! Check out this article and pictures of it during an Arkansas storm last year! You'll be amazed!)




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketAre you the type of person who runs outside after a storm to check for rainbows because you see the sun shining? I think that this is a very positive and hopeful action. Maybe I'm not such a "seeing the glass half empty" type person after all. :) Last week, I searched for this rainbow after a thunder storm. I spotted it and then saw something that I have never seen before.... a bolt of lightning within the rainbow! It was a bright orange zig-zagging lightning bolt. I didn't catch THAT moment on camera, but I tried to get the rainbow after that happened. The picture doesn't do it justice.


PS... Hey you! I've been updating my Southern Blog, too.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

That's pretty amazing to see such a thing!!!! I have never even heard of that before.

Hey, I just gave you a blog award :)

HLiza said...

I love searching for rainbows too..and my kids now are infected by me! It symbolizes hope and peace after a stormy rain.. I like your blog..recommended here by Layla!

ChristyTN said...

Hi Barbara! I'll have to research to see if there's any information on "rainbow lightening" ...or "lightening rainbows". :) Thanks for the blog award! That lifted my spirits! :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Hliza! I'll visit your blog soon, too. It's nice that we're teaching our children about hope, wonder and the beauty of nature. I love rainbows.