Tuesday, August 14, 2007

You Bloghead!


Now I'm beginning to wonder if I should have gave in to Mark and named her Lucy instead of ...Metal Girl!
Sometimes when MG gets angry, she has started calling us names! Fortunately, it hasn't been anything really bad, but I have to suppress the urge to chuckle. She has resorted to borrowing expressions from her cartoons. Yesterday she got mad about something and said "You Blockhead, Mommy!" I've also been called a "Man Cub" which is an expression from The Jungle Book. I try not to laugh about it, because I don't want her calling MB or anyone else names even if they are hilarious. And she really is upset when she uses the words. I'll have to teach her to say "Bloghead" or "Metalhead" when she's mad at Mark. Hey, maybe I'll start calling him that when I get mad!
On a more blah note...it's been really up and down with my depressed moods. I'm OK until something upsetting happens. Like yesterday, I did something ignorant that set my whole day off wrong. Instead of saving my evaluation onto my flash drive, I saved it onto an old floppy disk. When I put the disk back into the computer, it blew up! Not literally, but the disk died. I had to do my whole evaluation over again! I was extremely sad because I hate doing the self evaluation anyway. Not fun, but I learned my lesson the hard way. Please, learn your lesson from me. Don't be a blockhead. ;)

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Bloghead and Metalhead - ha ha those are good ones!

Bummer about your disc blow up and eveal redo, I think thats a legit reason to be upset.

Linda said...

I always hated self-evaluations. To me they serve little purpose. My boss never used the stuff I wrote down. It was a complete waste of time.

I am with you on the depressed thing. I weaned Nicholas (which I am sort of sad about) and I started on a low dose of meds for depression. Hopefully, we will both be feeling better soon!

Hang in there.

ChristyTN said...

Hi Linda, I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the depression thing. It's been hard and I've had some bad episodes with it. I'm probably going to have to talk to my doctor and discuss what to do. Maybe a low dose is something I'll have to continue. I'm very glad that you are getting help, and I bet that you'll be feeling better soon.