Thursday, August 30, 2007

Job Woes

I really can't say much about this here, but I am so upset about some things at my job that I can barely even talk to my supervisor. His communication skills stink, so my evaluation had a few negative surprises. I feel as if I went to change a baby's diaper that smelled OK, but to my surprise there's a nasty poo everywhere and I have run out of baby wipes. The pissy thing about this is that our evaluations aren't supposed to be nasty surprises. We're supposed to meet with our supervisor several times during the year for "coaching" sessions to help us "improve". But this isn't the only sour point in my work life right now. There's so much more that I can't talk about because it has me very upset. I feel physically sick about this. I feel stuck, too, because I want to keep my job because of my wonderful schedule that allows me to be with my kids so that they don't have to be in childcare. You know... I really feel that I need to take steps to prepare myself for another type of work. Also, I might want the change once the kids are in school in a couple of years. I just told Mark that I don't want to be "up shit creek without a paddle". I surely need to find some more confidence our there somewhere. :) Please, just say a little prayer for me, & thanks for letting me vent.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Oh Christy, I am so sorry. This exact thing happened to me back in January and I was in shock. I was angry and hurt.

I wish I could tell your boss he's an a-hole for you (since obviously you can't). There is NO EXCUSE for anyone to EVER receive a negative review. Like you said there is plenty of time during a year for the supervisor to communicate to the employee how they are doing. Ideally they should tell you what you are doing right and then point out some areas that you can improve on. UGH. I guess good managers are rare???

I think this would be a great time to explore some new options to find out something that you would really enjoy as a job once the kids are in school then you can start moving toward it.

Again, sorry you have to go through this, I know it sucks big time.

Hugs,
B

ChristyTN said...

Thanks for your uplifting words, Barbara. I remember when this happened to you, too. I'm feeling a lot better about things today after being extremely upset about it yesterday. I guess that I had to vent...ALOT. Maybe I needed some motivation to look at my options. Unfortunately, this incident came as a negative force of motivation, huh?!

HLiza said...

Oh my..we're in the same boat, Christy. I'm in the verge of looking for other job when I'm already so comfortable with the flexible timing, the fringe benefits..All because of the boss!