Wednesday, January 03, 2007

There goes New Year's Resolution #1

I would have been doing really well if I hadn't had to put together MG's big girl bed. I had really been holding back on cussing in front of her. Then I decided to put the bed together. It had ten million screws and bolts, so I think I may have said that many curse words. Sigh. Maybe since we're only three days into the new year I can start over. Think so? Anyway, the bed is put together, but I left the crib in her room just incase we can't get her to stay in the new bed tonight.

Both kids have been sick for the last few days. Oh no...I just heard MG say a bad word while she's playing. Maybe I should get out the soap and lick it. Instead of eating chocolate, maybe I deserve a big bar of soap.

Even though they've been sick, today was much better. They both have colds, but their appetites are back to normal.

2 comments:

Linda said...

You can have one Mulligan like you get in golf. I never make resolutions, because I know that I can't keep them. I am guilty of swearing, too! We will have to get out the Lifebuoy soap like they did in Christmas Story for you!

I hope that MG does great in her new bed. Sometimes, they love the change. When Sophia got her new bedroom right before Nicholas was born, she promptly got up in to bed and told us to leave, because she wanted to be alone in her new room. Boy they grow up fast! Speaking of growing up, somebody has a birthday soon! SIGH! Time moves way too fast.

ChristyTN said...

Linda- She slept so good in her new bed last night! In fact, she wanted to be in her room too much today so that she could sit on her bed and look at books. Isn't that funny?! I heard her talking to MB when he crawled into her room to see her. She said "Look, Bubby. This is the pumpkin carriage!" She was pretending to be Cinderella & the bed was the carriage.

I got out MB's newborn baby pictures. It seems like yesterday. It's very bittersweet! Then I looked at MG's First Birthday pictures. My baby's are getting so big!!!