Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dammit Boots


Here we go again on watching our language! Especially me! After Metal Boy's check-up appointment, I took the kids to Target to shop. Metal Girl picked out these lovely green froggy boots as a treat for being so especially nice during the appointment. She has been asking for rain boots for a long time. She loves them dearly and wants to wear them ALL the TIME everywhere we go. Well, yesterday she was kicking at Metal Boy with them, so I um said something like "dammit those boots". So the boots were put away, and last night she asked if she could wear her " Dammit Boots". Sigh. Aren't these the cutest little dammit boots you ever did see?

MG has started insisting on doing things herself and wanting to try new things. I was making omelets for she and I, and she wanted to crack the eggs. I want to be patient and let her try new things, but I only had three eggs left! I didn't let her do it, so she had a trantrum. Then she later had a tantrum because she wanted to wash the dishes. I had already finished them, but she kept crying and saying "I want to do dishes by myself!" over and over. Mark let her help him do the dishes later after dinner. She was so tickled. :)

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

LOL!!! I love the boots and the story that goes with them. Its so fun for me to hear about your kids, it brings back memories. I can just see my son standing on the chair in the kitchen helping me when he was MG's age. I think these years you will be relying a lot on PATIENCE! God bless ya! It can be challenging - but worth every minute.