Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Night Time Peace

* Van Gogh's Starry Night *




Everyone is in bed sleeping soundly. This is my time to myself. I have been terrible about getting started on the exercising. I did it one night and then nothing the rest of the week. Sigh.
Mark and I had a rare 45 minutes of quiet time on Friday evening. We had gone to the bank and were then going to get groceries. It got really quiet in the back of the car, and we realized both kids were sleeping! At the same time! It was SO UNUSUALLY QUIET. Instead of going to the nearby grocery store, we decided to go further to have a nice drive and time to talk.

I won't go on and on about this, but I always get depressed in the winter. It's not too terrible this time, but I do feel like I have less energy. I just don't get anything accomplished with cleaning the house and chores. I know that part of the answer to improve how I feel would be to exercise. I take care of the kids and then don't feel motivation or energy to do much else. I'm trying to cut back on caffeine... I felt so good when I quit drinking coffee while pregnant. So I really have to do these things before I can expect to feel better with my moods and energy level. Hopefully I can get going and feel better.






No comments: