Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bananas

Today we took the kids out on a long walk out the long country road that we live on. It was so very beautiful today. Our toddler loves it so much that she pitched a fit when she had to go in afterwards. Mark wanted to do a few last minute gardening chores before coming in, and our toddler wanted to stay outside with him. She was so mad when he left her inside and then he went back out. She smacked the door and said "mean, mean, mean!"

Next, she grabbed a banana off of the kitchen counter. I peeled it for her. She grabbed it, threw it on the floor and then proceeded to stomp it and squish it into the carpet. It was a horrid mess. Mark came in and took her out, so she helped him with the digging and mulching while I cleaned up gushy banana.

Later, after things had calmed down, Mark was giving her a bath. The baby was sleeping, so it was a good time to finally get to call my Mom and talk to her for a while. I went to search for the cordless phone in the dark. I grabbed what looked like the phone, looked down and realized that I'd grabbed a banana instead. Ugh! Enough bananas!


2 comments:

Ash said...

Toby isn't a fan of bananas either, I hope that's a good sign for the future, I'm not a fan of banana carpet!

Those chair seats the babies are sitting in are called Bumbos, usually $40, sometimes Target has them but lazy me got one off ebay with free shipping. It's a must have!!!! We took it to a restaurant and sat Toby in it on the table since he doesn't quite have trunk control for a highchair but has grown out of his infant carrier.

Linda said...

Bananas can cause quite a mess. Sophia likes to squish them even when she is not mad. I think she likes the way it feels in her fingers. She is a champion mess maker.