Friday, April 21, 2006

What does T.T. mean?

Thomas the Tank Engine?
Terrible Twos?
Temper Tantrum?

It meant all three today. Even though I've been feeling moody and crappy, I decided to take my two little ones to the story time at the library. Both kids were great in the story time. Then I let my toddler play in the kid's section that has a wooden track and Thomas the Tank Engine and friends set.

When it was time to leave, my toddler pitched a HUGE temper tantrum and would not listen to me. She kept running away from me and all over the library. It was pretty horrible and very embarrassing...especially since this is my husband's place of employment, so all his co-workers witnessed it. He had to help me take her out of the library, which I was very thankful for.

I felt so incompetent. In the past, I would have just thrown her over my shoulder and carried her out, but I couldn't do that since I had the baby in his carrier. I want to take her to storytimes to be around other kids, but I don't want to deal with this every time.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sophia does this too sometimes. I feel really embarrassed when this happens. Right now she is probably testing the waters to see what she can get away with. In her two year old mind she knows that you can't handle her and the baby at the same time so she pushes the limits.

I deal with this on a daily basis with Sophia. I think she realizes when I am at my weakest and takes things up a notch.

Don't let it bother you, I am sure things will get better.