Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mommy Juice

When I get stressed out, it usually makes me feel better to have something chocolate. It's become a habit for me to have a glass of chocolate milk each evening. Last night my daughter saw me drinking it, pointed to my glass and said "Mommy juice!" She's got that right!

I took her to her 2 year wellness check-up today. Both kids were great in the doctor's office. The problem occurred when we were leaving. My toddler got away from me while I was carrying the baby. She went running across the parking lot. There weren't any cars coming, but it scared me silly. I had to scream at her (which only made her laugh) and chase her down.

This is the difficult thing with having two young ones in tow. I have a stroller for two, but did not feel that I needed to use it since I was parked practically at the door! It's just too dangerous to do this unless I have another adult with me, so I'll have to drag out the big stroller everywhere I go. I've learned my lesson.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sophia is very good about staying with me in parking lots or any place close to the street. I have explained to her that she could be hurt very bad and now she knows that she must always hold my hand.

I always keep a stroller in the car, so I plan on keeping the double stroller with me at all times when the new baby arrives. It is very much a security blanket for me.

Amanda said...

I have 3 in tow; 2 walking and both VERY independent. The best advice I have for you is get a sling! Then you still have hands free to safely let the 2 year old cross the parking lot. I got my ring sling here: http://www.snugglebugstore.com/ She's an awesome WAHM.