Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Puddle Ducks

I finally got out early enough to take my kids to the park. No one was there , so we had it all to ourself. My toddler had so much fun going down all the slides. I put my baby in his carrier under an umbrella for shade. He had a perfect view of big sister playing. I even took him down the slide on my lap. Then my two year old got brave and decided to go down the big slide. I didn't realize it till it was too late. There was a huge muddy puddle on the end of the slide. She splashed right into it and was soaked. I had to change her into clean diaper....I'd forgotten to bring a change of clothes. So she had to go down the slide one more time in just her diaper before we left!

It's so beautiful outside today. If you're feeling sad, I think it really truly helps to go out and see all the lovely growing things of Spring. It also makes your kids tired so that they can take a nice long nap when you get home!! It's great to have a little free time. I had time to take a cat nap, work on chores, start dinner and sit down at the computer. Very nice!

1 comment:

Linda said...

There is nothing better than an afternoon nap after being outside all morning. Sophia usually takes a nice nap after being outside. Going to the park is a nice thing for everybody involved, unless you have a puddle incident.