Thursday, April 20, 2006

Postpartum Deja Vu

Here we go again! There must be some sort of hormone change or something three months or so after giving birth. That's when my postpartum depression got so bad with my first child. I've felt kind of crappy with those types of feelings this week...not nearly so severe as the last time though. It's more like PMS. I'm fine and normal unless someone says the wrong thing to me which triggers a crying fit. It's probably just my normal menstruation attempting it's return, and I've gotten spoiled with not having to deal with it!

I know what I need to do to feel better. Exercise, exercise, exercise. It has been difficult to do so since I don't have much free time. We're considering ordering a jogging stroller for two so that I can get outside for walks, but keep the kids safe at the same time. We'll probably buy one, but the cost is what makes me hesitate...they are expensive. Since we live on a rough road, a regular stroller is pretty useless. Feeling better, loosing weight, kids getting fresh air...it would be worth it!

I'm trying to think of where we might go for a Summer vacation. I just don't know. Where's a good place to take two young kids that's not TOO far away, but far away enough to escape and enjoy life? We were thinking of going to Sesame Place near Philadelphia, but then I noticed that they are very high priced. Does anyone out there have any good ideas?

Our kids hate going in the car for long periods of time, so I don't think a long road trip is a good idea in the heat of the Summer. We do hope to make a trip down South in the Fall when it's cooler and nicer to travel (an 11 hour drive! Yikes!) We rarely take a real vacation...We know that getting away will be good for all of us, so I hope to find somewhere fun to go!

I wish that I could feel better right now. I'm manning the phones for my job, so I'm on the clock and can't get away to enjoy the gorgeous weather. That's why work is so slow right now... everyone else is out there! Well, chocolate does make things better temporarily, but I've gone and ate up all the Easter chocolate. I need a continuous infusion of chocolate when I feel this way.

No comments: