Thursday, February 22, 2007

What a Day


What a day was today...




I hadn't taken both kids out for over a week because of the Winter weather, so I was determined to get out early today no matter what obstacles got in my way.... and there were many!


We were all ready and out the door by 11 AM which is a feat for us. I got ready to put Metal Girl into the car to discover that her car seat wasn't there. We had been using Mark's car and forgot to put it back in mine. I had to put Metal Boy into his seat and go back for MG's old car seat which is still ok for her to use. While working on that, Metal Girl fell off the porch and pitched a fit. She wasn't hurt, but was upset that her pants were wet.


The iced encasing my car's tires looked slushy, so I thought I could get out, but low and behold I was stuck. My father-in-law heard the commotion. I sure hope that he didn't hear me saying bad words...surely not over the tires spinning out. He helped me break up the ice with a shovel. (Sure I'll be sore tonight since I've never broke up ice with a shovel in my life) We finally got my car out thirty minutes later!


When I got back home , most of that gosh-durned ice had melted. It was good to get out, though. I'm so ready for Spring, but really did enjoy getting one snow worth playing in. If only we hadn't had the ice on top of it.


Well, now I'll change the topic and tell you about yesterday. I had been thinking about Britney Spears. When I first heard about her head shaving incident, I kind of thought "how stupid", but I've since changed my mind. Last night I really thought about how she may be having problems with depression and this could even be post-partum depression. Depression and stress can be very hard to deal with, so sometimes doing something crazy can relieve that pressure. I have to think back to when I was in college and did some crazy things to relieve the terrible pain and pressure of depression. It's probably a good thing that I didn't have kids till I was in my thirties. I definitely wasn't ready for the responsibility till now. I hope that she stays in rehab this time and gets help. It can't help to be so hounded by the media concerning every little thing you do. Wouldn't it be horrible to never have any kind of privacy? And to have everyone in the entire world know your every problem. Ugh....what a nightmare.




No comments: