Monday, February 05, 2007

Good Morning, Little Abner


Good Morning, Abner Kitty....


This is one of my cats this morning. He was my first baby boy. For the last couple of years he had been a little stand-offish with me since the kids came. Finally, he has started being sweet again and visits with me more often. He was a stray cat when he first arrived on our doorstep. His mother was stray and wild, so she would bring her babies up to our porch to try to find some food. I fed them, but one day she left this one behind. She must have realized that she'd found a good home for her baby!

I have to tell you about the day that Metal Girl came home with us from the hospital. We brought her into the house in the baby carrier. Mark then fed the cats. Abner had come out to see her. Then she woke and was crying. It upset him so much that he threw up! It really shook him up. He still will not let the kids pet him. Maybe one day when they're a little older he'll settle down. :)

I'll tell the story of our first baby girl kitty sometime soon!

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

I laughed out loud when I got to the part about him throwing up...poor thing its not funny but the visual just cracked me up!

He is so cute, it looks like he's wearing a little hat! What a cutie. 3 of our 4 cats were strays, its hard to say no when there moms drop them off!

ChristyTN said...

Layla-

It was pretty funny that he threw up his food. He was less upset with our second baby. We had my friend Linda, her daughter and new baby visit a couple of weeks ago. After they left, Abner kept sniffing all over me because I held the baby. He was a little apprehensive. Maybe he thought that another one was coming to live here! :)