Sunday, October 29, 2006

Spooky Stories

In the spirit of Halloween fun, I'm going to write about "scary" things that happened to me in the past few years. For tonight, I'll write about our "pet" bat.

When we first moved to Maryland, we lived in a 100 year old farm house. I had stayed up late watching a movie, so it was past 1 AM when I walked up the creaky stairs to our bedroom. As soon as I turned on the light, something swooped down at my face and I could hear it squeaking. A bat had found a way from the attic through a hole in the closet ceiling.

Mark and I looked around for the bat that was hiding in some other part of our house after he flew from the room, but we decided to go back to sleep when he was nowhere to be found. Then later, I felt him swooping at my face again while I was in bed! I pulled the covers over my face, but could still feel him swooping at me!

We ended up closing off part of the house and chasing the bat around towards the front door. Mark was chasing after the bat with a laundry basket over his head...very cute. We finally got the bat out, but I looked around and couldn't find Mark. I looked outside and there he was sitting on the front steps with the laundry basket still on his head. It's such a funny memory now, but it's very creepy to have a bat swooping at you!

Tomorrow I'll write about The Rat. On Halloween, I'll write about a haunting incident that made me wonder if there really are ghosts!

2 comments:

Metal Mark said...

That bat was tough to get out of the house because the ceilings were and he kept getting out of my reach. It took me a while to chase him out.

On My Watch said...

good idea with the laundry basket! I would've more or less just screamed it out of the door. :)