Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fun at the Farm

Today we took MG and MB to a farm that had all kinds of Fall activities. MG got to pick out a "great" pumpkin, ride a horse (for the first time) and play in this bouncy slide thing. Oh, and I almost forgot the pedal tractors.

The funniest part was when she got in the bouncy slide thing. She had to go through it by herself and didn't know what to do when she came to a rope ladder. We kept looking in the windows and trying to explain how to climb it. Eventually, a brother and sister about 5 and 6 years old, got behind her and started lifting and pushing her up the ladder. Then an older girl came along and was cheering her on. It was just so funny and cute. Those kids were very sweet to her, helping her and showing her how to do it.

It's fun seeing MG get so excited about Halloween. I always had such a good time going trick-or-treating and to fall festivals when I was growing up. I want to make holidays fun and special for my kids too.

We all ended up with that stinkin cold. I think that maybe the kids had two different colds that ran into each other. I've felt like the grumpasaurus today. We're catching more colds now that I'm taking the kids to more activities with other children. I'm still nursing MB, so I never really take anything for a cold. So my sinuses feel like they're going to explode. There's probably something that would be ok to take, but I'm always afraid that it will get into my milk and bother MB.

Well, I'd better go! Hope that you all have a great week!

No comments: