Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New Clothes

I finally broke down and bought some new clothes after my only two pairs of jeans that fit split open at the seams! At first I assumed that it happened because of my excess baby weight, but they really were just worn out. I actually bought them to wear when I was in the early stages of pregnancy about three years ago. So I feel like I've been wearing maternity clothes for three years!!! I don't think that I will fit into my before the babies clothes ever again, so I will be getting rid of those. I had been holding onto some things, but I think I would feel better jut getting them out of my sight. If I do get my weight down, I'm still going to be shaped differently as a mommy, so those things probably would never fit right. Besides, it will probably make me feel better about myself NOT to come across those certain items when rummaging around for something to wear. It's silly, but I am looking forward to wearing my new clothes. Kohl's had a big sale, so I really found some good deals.

That's really not my most exciting news. We went on our mini-vacation to Strasburg, PA and stayed in a red caboose that had been converted into a motel room. It was really like staying in an RV, and MG really loved it. MB had a good time, too. He rode on his first little kids' ride... a Thomas engine that played music and rocked back and forth. We visited the National Toy Train museum and rode the train at the Strasburg railroad. It was fun even though MG wouldn't sleep much the first night. Metal Mark and I had to drink lots and lots of coffee to stay awake the next day!!!

MB has four teeth now! He only woke me up once last night, so I'm feeling much better and getting more much needed sleep. Yay!

5 comments:

Bar L. said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I am glad you got some new clothes, its not silly at all to look forward to wearing them! I know what you mean about the body shape changing, mine did too and I had to say goodbye to certain styles but I did hang on to my "concert" jeans in a size that I could probably not squeeze HALF my body into now.

Glad you had fun on the mini-vacation!!! Sounds like a cool place to stay.

Linda said...

Even though I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight after Sophia, I never fit into the same size, my butt was just too wide. This time, I expect that I will not have as much to loose as I have only gained about 15 or 16 lbs total. I was just thinking the other day how I need to get a few comfortable outfits to wear after the new baby arrives. I too am tired of wearing maternity clothes.

It sounds like your trip was fun. We actually want to take Sophia to stay at the same hotel. I know she will like it. She has never stayed in a hotel (in OC we stay in a condo) before, so I know that she would have problems sleeping also. When we have camped with her it takes a long time for her to calm down.

I would love to go up to the railroad in the winter, it is just a different experience. I wish that there was a train ride that was longer than the one there. I did go on one out in western Maryland that was longer. It was fall and was a great ride.

Metal Mark said...

Thanks, Layla. I think that it's been a little hard for me to accept that I won't fit into certain things ever again. My hips are just much wider and I'm bigger up top too, so all my shirts look like they've grown short. Sigh. Getting rid of all the maternity and worn out stuff and pre-pregnancy stuff will be refreshing. I think that there are a couple of things (like your concert jeans) that have sentimental value for me that I will keep. I have this red sweater from my grandparents that has never fit, but I will always keep.

Linda, I'd like to go on a longer train ride too. It's so relaxing and beautiful. It makes you feel that you've gone backwards in time. I love visiting that area.

The motel wasn't the fanciest place, but it was so much fun for kids. MG really loved staying in a caboose that "goes behind Thomas". It was fun to see the trains going by too. The motel has a petting zoo and playground plus it's cheaper than other places to stay.

ChristyTN said...

Oops I posted at Metal Mark. I think I'll leave it that way because it's funny!

Jenn said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun!!

Yea, I still can't bring myself to throw out the pre-baby-clothes
.....although I know your right and the new mommy shape will probably be with me forever. Maybe - like you - after the second one I'll finally get up the guts to get rid of them *tear*