Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Terrible Twos and Boredom

We're working on helping our toddler be nicer to her brother. I'm also going to keep her nails very short! It has been such a rough week with her. I think that she needs more active play outside, so we're going to find a sandbox and possibly a playhouse or slide for her.

I had to go to Wal-mart today, and it was pretty stinky. Little Miss "I want to walk by myself" kept trying to pull away from me in the parking lot on the way out. I'm so sick of Wal-mart anyway, so I'm going to avoid it for a while. One of the cashiers was a little fussy with us because of my toddler grabbing everything. I told her that it was no easy thing shopping with an infant and a toddler.

I really want my kids to be happy. It just hurt so bad to think that something I did may be causing her to want to hurt the baby. I want to make sure that she gets enough attention and doesn't feel that she needs to compete with him. I love her so much.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sophia loves Wal-Mart, so she is usually pretty good when you go there. I always find it important to keep the cart in the middle of the isle so that she can not reach things.

Sophia loves her sandbox. They have a cute and inexpensive one at walmart and they also have the sand. I actually buy most of Sophia's outside toys at yardsales. She has a playhouse, slide, picnic table and seesaw that were bought second hand. Only her sandbox was new.

Jenn said...

That's rough. I'd be second guessing myself as well. Although, I'm sure it's nothing your doing. And it's just a faze.....either way...outside toys sound like fun!