Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Successful Outing

I took the kids to a puppet show at the library today. They both did so well, and I was surprised that even the baby enjoyed it! He was grinning and laughing. It also made me feel better to get out, especially since it turned out so well. There was a little boy who was about four years old who wanted to talk to the baby. He started to pat him on the head, but stopped himself and said "Is he nice?" I thought that was so funny...it was like when you start to pet a strange dog but stop short and say "Does he bite?"

This evening at bedtime, Metalgirl pretended to read to Metalboy. It was very sweet. She turned the book around as she "read" it so that he could see it. I thought that was pretty neat. She has also suddenly taken an interest in one of her baby dolls! He's a boy baby doll, so she must associate it with Metalboy. It also happens to be the cheapest dolly that I've bought for her!

It was wonderful to have such a happy day. I had been a little depressed over the eye-poking temper tantrum throwing episodes of recent days. Today was much better.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am glad that things went so well on your outing. I know the more that I went out with Sophia the better it got! Now she loves to be out. We will have to see how things go when the new baby gets here, though.

Jenn said...

Now all you have to do is teach the two year old how to change diapers (practiced on the doll of course!) and you'll be all set! =o)

Glad you had a good day....you need them to keep ya goin!

Bar L. said...

Its nice to hear you had a good time at the puppet show. Reading about your brings back great memories of when mine was little.

TOO FUNNY what that little kid said about Metalboy!!!