Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fun Thanksgiving, Craziness Ever Since

We really did have a fun Thanksgiving. The kids loved seeing their cousins. It was fun to cook good food for more people! All my cooking turned out good this time! :) ...even the new things that I tried for the first time.

Things have just been so busy since then...at work, at home. The kids both have colds, so you know how that is. Grumpy and wild! A bad combination! I also put up the Christmas tree and that seemed to make the kids even more excited and hyper. The good news is that MB pulled down the tree only once so far, and I caught it before it hit the floor. He keeps pulling the garland off of it, but that's OK. We get to have fun decorating it over and over and over again! Woopee!

I have to describe today in a little more detail to show you why I feel like my blood pressure went up today. First of all, MB got up during the night because he was uncomfortable with his cold. He actually climbed out of his bed and went running and screaming down the hall in the dark! I had to chase after him and sleep with him out on the couch. Then we woke up around 9AM and he wouldn't eat anything. He then opened the fridge and pulled out the eggs. I assumed that he wanted scrambled eggs, so I started cooking some. Whenever I turned my back, he was back at the fridge pulling out more eggs! I kept having to run over and get them from him. I finally got smart and put them out of his reach on the counter top. He went to the living room and was busily playing, so I hurried over and returned the eggs to the fridge. The next thing I know, MB has eggs splattered all over the floor and then he slides right through them and falls with his blankies. So he had raw eggs all over himself and his blankies and the floor! He had returned for a fifth time to grab the eggs from the fridge. The persistent little bugger!

I was so mad, but it all cleaned up. Then I got the kids out to the store for Popsicles which is the only thing that they want to eat with these colds. Sigh. It's all very funny now, but I really wondered if things could get any crazier. That's a dangerous thing to wonder. :)

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Christy, here you are! I was missing you! I'm trying not to laugh too hard cause I know that it was not funny when it happened but....

:)

ChristyTN said...

Thanks, Barbara. :) It's good to be back. I forgot to mention that MB pulled a curtain rod out of the wall by yanking on my favorite curtains. Oh my, what a stinker. Gotta love him :)