Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's a Madhouse!

I telecommute some evenings. That's what I'm doing tonight. The kids have been wild monkeys all night, and it sounds like a zoo out there. Sure, working from home is great, but sometimes it's really hard to concentrate if you're telecommuting from THE ZOO. The kids have been pretty wild all day plus they have colds. Maybe they'll be all wound down by the time I am off from work. :)

One thing that has been difficult is getting any type of cleaning done. I really suck at cleaning, & I don't know why. I feel that I have cleaned things up if I am so lucky to get the dishes done and the trash/diaper pails changed so the house doesn't stink. Sometimes I try to pick up toys. Is this just how it's going to be until the kids get a little older? Also, I sometimes don't notice the mess until it has become a mountain. Then I feel so overwhelmed and can't seem to find the time to clean it all up. I guess that's what I should be doing each night, but I'm so tired then! Excuses, excuses. Then a "certain person I know" fusses about the mess even when I've worked on it, so I do feel overwhelmed and unmotivated by it all. Ugh!!!!

Other than that, I've really been feeling much better. Not so depressed!

1 comment:

HLiza said...

I'm a lot like you..pretty much because my own mom was so fussy about cleaning up..I ended up hating it and rejoicing in the fact that now I have my own house..I'm the king..it's up to me when I want to clean it up. But along the way I learned that if I clean things as I go, pick up any toys I see, clear the clutters on the spot..things will be much easier for me. I even find myself teaching the kids that, they're good with that now and they show 'somebody' in the house that dishes should go to the sink right away, no empty mugs should stay in the fridge..so I don't need to do the nagging! Good luck my friend!